First registration for new residents (BRP) or move to Wageningen from abroad
Are you coming from abroad to live in Wageningen? And have you been here for at least four months? In that case, you must register in person at the town hall within five days. Make an appointment online at the Civil Affairs desk. Do you have a partner and/or children who are moving with you? Then have to come along to the town hall. A few weeks after registration you will receive a BSN (Burger Service Nummer or Citizens Security Number) by mail. It is also important that you deregister with the municipality when you leave the Netherlands. Please make an appointment online or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What documents do I need to bring?
- A valid passport or identity card.
- Original documents of life events from your time abroad. For example, a birth certificate, marriage certificate, acknowledgement certificate or divorce certificate. In some cases you have to have your foreign documents legalised. You may need proof of authenticity (provided with an apostille or legalisation). The documents must also be in English, French, German or Dutch. If this is not the case, you must have the document translated into Dutch by an official translator.
- Documents proving that you live here, such as a rental or purchase contract.
Sometimes you will need additional documents:
- You are going to live with someone: you must have written permission from the main inhabitant of the address. Download and complete the form for permission to live at the address (pdf in Dutch). Bring this form with you to the town hall. Also bring a copy of a valid passport or identity card of the principal resident.
- Are you moving from Aruba, Bonaire, Curaçao, Saba, Sint Eustatius or Sint Maarten? In this case, also bring proof of deregistration.
New residents can pick up a welcome package at the town hall. You do not need to make an appointment for this. The welcome package includes a municipal guide and a Proef Wageningen gift voucher. You can spend this voucher at one of the local entrepreneurs.