Direct naar de content

Recognising a child before or after birth

If you are not married or not a registered partner with the mother of your child, you can officially recognise your child at the town hall. To do so, make an appointment at the Public Affairs Desk first. When you recognise your child, you will also establish what your child’s surname will be. When you have recognised your child, you will not automatically have authority over the child. Parental authority can be arranged via the Civil Justice website.(Externe link)