Registration for new residents (BRP)

When you decide to move to Wageningen and you know you will reside in the Netherlands longer than four months.

When you decide to move to Wageningen and you know you will reside in the Netherlands longer than four months, you have to register your details with the municipality. Dutch law stipulates that all new residents need to register address details with the Personal Records Database (Basisregistratie Personen, BRP) within five days of their arrival. It takes a few weeks before you are registered.

Minimum requirements

  • proof of identity (a valid passport or an identity card) for all family members;
  • proof of your new residential address (rental contract or purchase deed, or written permission from the owner/main occupant at your residential address along with a copy of his proof of identity).

Additional information if applicable

  • birth certificate;
  • marriage / divorce certificate;
  • death certificate.

All certificates must be original and recent!


An original document might need to be legalised by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and verified by the Dutch Embassy or in need of an apostille-stamp. Information about legalisation is available at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the Dutch Embassy in your country. See also the site Netherlandsandyou.


The administration office will allow official documents in Dutch, English, French and German. Documents in other languages need to be translated into Dutch by a certified translator. The translated document has to be legalised and attached to the original document.


The Personal Records Database (Basisregistratie Personen, BRP) has to be updated when you relocate. You can update your details with the municipality when you move within Wageningen. When you move to another city in the Netherlands you have to register in that city.

It is also important that you deregister with the municipality when you leave the Netherlands.


Registration Office:

Markt 22 (Publiekszaken)

Only by appointment.



Most frequently asked questions by students

When can I come to your office?

We work by appointment only.


How can I make an appointment?

You can book an appointment on our website (click on 'Afspraak/Appointment) or by phone: (0317) 49 29 11.


What do I need for the first registration/changing address from another municipality/changing address inside Wageningen?

You need to bring your passport or IDcard and a rental contract or a proof that you bought a house.


Can I register online?

For first registration you can not register online. Please go to our website and click on 'Afspraak/Appointment'. If you move within Wageningen, you can register online if you have a personal DigiD code.


Do I need to bring a birth certificate for the first registration?

No, that is not necessary.


Can I reach the Civil Service department by email?

Email address: